Port Blair, 12 April 2023
Andaman Chamber of Commerce and Industries has referred to as for a 12 Hour Trade Bandh as we speak from 06 Am to 06 Pm in Andaman and Nicobar Islands to press for resolving the problems hampering the financial development of the Islands.
Islanders have felt alienated from the tempo of financial improvement and transformation within the high quality of life witnessed by the remainder of our nation. ACCI knowledgeable the media that previously six years the commerce physique has given a number of representations to the Hon’ble Lt. Governor, A & N Islands, requesting his intervention to resolve a number of points which might be hampering the financial development of the Islands and adversely impacting varied sectors like commerce, commerce, tourism, hospitality and many others., however no motion has been taken.
ACCI has listed some points which wants fast consideration:
- Stoppage of Diversion/Conversion of Land.
- Steep Hike in Power Tariff.
- Arbitrary improve in Circle Rate, Registration Charges of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and price analysis of lease deed and present deed on new circle charges.
- Registration of Apartments.
- Long Delay in Building Plan Approval from Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC).
- Availability/Extraction of Local Sand and Timber for Islanders.
- Non-Availability of Industrial Estate and points confronted by Hollow Block and Crusher Industry.
- Registration of Vehicles, NOC for Swaraj Dweep and Shaheed Dweep on-line and State Permit.
- One-time exemption of buildings in violation of Building Plans and CRZ.
- Review of Master Plan, Building Plan and Town and Country Planning Act.
- Port Infrastructure and Equipment.